A sea trout and salmon flies I have had good catches with. This is a fly to the late season and winter fishing,
I fish on the shore with it although in Denmark.
Tie it in 10 mm tube in the spring and in summer period
I tie it in tan and light olive colors. A quick and simple fly often gives good results !
||Eumer Teardrop Tube 15mm Fl.Pink
||Utc 70 White
||Olive Mallard Feather fibers
||Ice Dub UV Calibaetis
||Black mono shrimp eyes
||2 copper flash straw
||Pink Marabou feather
||Natural Mallard Flank feather
Step by step
1. Tube system assembled and tie the thread on top of hook guide.
Apply a drop of superglue.
2. Tie the olive Mallard in as mouth part.
3. Dub the thread and tie it in to form a noodle.
It gives life to the fly.
4. Tie a mono eyes on each side of dubbing
so as to form a V, apply a drop of Superglue.
5. Tie the two flash straws in as feelers. Tie into bend over so there are four in total
. Cut to the length that pleases you.
6. Tie one Marabou feathers into the tip
pull fiber back and make a hackel. Wiph finish on the tube
with glue or varnish on the thread.
7. Tie the thread into front of the teardrop on the plastic tube.
8. Tie one Natural Mallard Flank in as
hackle. This is the legs of the shrimp.
9. Whip finish the thread with a drop of superglue
a nd cut excess tube.
10. Final Fly